Форумы SkyCentre Прыжки с парашютом
sergant

Safety & Training Newsletter

A Bulletin for the training community

Vol. 5, Issue 5

August 12, 2005

New Manuals

IRM

• Candidates in an AFF Instructor Rating Course will need to score at least 75% on the In-Air Skills and Instruction Evaluation Form.
  • All Coach and Instructor rating candidates must complete the appropriate open-book test prior to attending a course. A score of 80% is required to pass the test. For those who show up without the test completed, or do not score at least 80% on the first test, a 100% score will be required on the test that is taken during the course.
  • A missed major rigging error is now scored as an automatic unsat in all courses for the air-skills section of each candidate evaluation.
  • Candidates who successfully complete a Coach or Instructor course may immediately exercise the privileges of that rating with a course director endorsement in the candidate?s log book. The candidate then has 30 days to ensure that the course paperwork has been processed at USPA Headquarters.
SIM

• Section 5-3 will include the following wing-loading recommendations as a maximum:

A license?1.0 psf maximum

B license?1.0 psf maximum

C license?1.2 psf maximum

D license?1.4 psf maximum

Further downsizing beyond the D license guideline above should be performed according to the downsizing progression listed in SIM Section 6-10 Advanced Canopy Flight.

• The BSR?s have been changed to clarify that all student jumps, including tandems, must be completed between official sunrise and sunset

AAD Instructions

Also at the July Board meeting, the S&T Committee discussed ways to better inform jumpers of the operational limits of an Automatic Activation Device. The Committee feels that the SIM and IRM adequately address the necessary information, but awareness can be improved if each drop zone would post a conspicuous sign that reads ?Your AAD must be turned on here.? This should make jumpers aware that their AAD needs to be as close to the landing area altitude as possible when it is turned on, and hopefully coax more jumpers to learn more about their AAD by reading the operation manual.

Canopy Education

USPA has begun a long-term public service campaign aimed at improving canopy skills and reversing the current trend in canopy accidents. The ads feature quotes from the US Canopy Team and longtime swooping competitor Kaz Sheekey and highlights six points which are the focus of the campaign:

• Get professional canopy training
  • Learn new skills with a parachute suitable for your skill level.
  • Downsize gradually
  • Learn new canopy skills and landing techniques above 1,000 feet.
  • Respect other jumpers under canopy and in the landing area.
  • Plan the jump, jump the plan, and always have an out.
Look for additional promotions in the near future which will continue to focus on this message and promote safe canopy flight.

Canopy Control Summit

To continue and enhance USPA?s campaign for safe canopy flight, a two-day canopy control summit will be hosted by USPA on a date to be determined involving parachute manufacturers, canopy school providers, and canopy experts.

Going Once, Going Twice?

USPA is offering the last of the embroidered AFF JM and I polo shirts to those interested in picking up the high quality shirts for only the $10 per shirt shipping and handling fee. Additional savings will be available for orders of 5 or more shirts. Below is a list of quantities and sizes currently available. Send an email to safety@uspa.org to order of the shirts. The shirts are available only in white cotton polyester and for a limited time.

Shirt Type        Size        Quantity
AFF JM            Small       28
AFF JM            Large        1
AFF I             Small       41
AFF I             Medium       2
AFF I/E           Medium       7
AFF I/E           Large        8
AFF I/E           Extra Large  1
AFF Evaluator     Medium       8

Поделиться сообщением

Создайте аккаунт или войдите для комментирования

Вы должны быть пользователем, чтобы оставить комментарий

Создать аккаунт

Зарегистрируйтесь для получения аккаунта. Это просто!

Зарегистрировать аккаунт

Войти

Уже зарегистрированы? Войдите здесь.

Войти сейчас

• Создать...